Once in a year opportunity : ) .... messed up. : (

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
GeorgianBay1939
Senior MemberPosts: 2,200Gear list
Like?
Re: Once in a year opportunity : ) .... messed up. : (
In reply to yyr, 9 months ago

yyr wrote:

I know that it's not the purpose of your post but it's always worth remembering that the camera has an Auto function and I'm often surprised at what a good job it can do. Sometimes, when out with friends and in conversation or if a 'seize the moment' opportunity arises I will use Auto rather than faff about for the right settings and miss the shot. I know that it's probably a sign of weakness but there you have it.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

For about 6 months while I was learning how to shoot RAW, I always shot an iA image to compare my results with what the camera could do.  Eventually I stopped doing that because I ended up consistently beating the camera (to my eyes, at least).

I suspect that it is again time to revisit iA when well challenged!.... instead of faffing about!!!

Good practical advice!

t

GeorgianBay1939's gear list:GeorgianBay1939's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
wellNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow