Paulmorgan
Senior MemberPosts: 2,134
Like?
Re: OMD severe flash exposure problem
In reply to New Daddy, Dec 4, 2013

New Daddy wrote:

Paulmorgan wrote:

d3xmeister wrote:

I'm surprised. My Olympus E-5 with the FL50R had the best flash metering of any other camera/brand I ever used. It never missed, all exposures were just perfect, no matter how and where you bounced the flash. It seems they ,,forgot,, to include that brillint metering in their m4/3 cameras.

No they did not forget to add it, its still there and every bit as good as the E5, there is nothing wrong with the M4/3 flash metering.

Depends on how you measure the performance.

If you shoot an 18% gray wall in front of you with TTL flash, and the wall comes out blackish with about 1 to 1.3 EV underexposure, some people may call it wrong metering.

Not all 18% grey walls are the same, you also need to take into account the 18% grey walls reflective properties.

So far I have not seen a single case of a severe flash problems at all, all I am seeing here are the common problems that can occur when using any TTL flash system that is combined with user error.

Remember that a TTL flash exposure is really made up using two separate exposures.

1. From the ambient light metering.

2. From the flash metering and both need to be correct or close since the ambient light metering determines the over all exposure.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow