help choosing the right camera - clueless and desperate :)

Started Dec 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sasnouke
Junior MemberPosts: 30
Like?
help choosing the right camera - clueless and desperate :)
Dec 3, 2013

Hi! This year I finally decided that I would like to upgrade my camera - I have a point and shoot Panasonic Lumix TZ18 and I am very unhappy with it I always seem to get grainy photos!

I can take good shots in the "artistic" sense (have been told that even my low quality iPhone pics are great) but when it comes to the technical stuff I am somewhat clueless and was hoping to slowly learn as I go along - the main reason I want a good camera is to take photos of my new baby and toddler - most of the "shooting" is done indoors in not so great light (perks of having Winter babies!!) so I need something that will perform well under those conditions - adding to that the sheer speed at which toddlers/babies move and change their expression……well, blurry pics don't make for great memories

My budget is limited to around the £500 mark and I would like to take advantage of the xmas offers so ideally would like to buy the camera now. I am based in the UK.

Any help and recommendations for this specific purpose would be much appreciated!!!

Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS8 (Lumix DMC-TZ18)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow