No body & lens caps with Panasonic bundle?

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
Mario G
Junior MemberPosts: 39Gear list
Like?
Re: No body & lens caps with Panasonic bundle?
In reply to Sergey Borachev, 9 months ago

Sergey Borachev wrote:

This is why I like to buy from a real shop and have the chance to inspect the items before paying. If there is anything that is not perfectly wrapped with all the plastic bags, ties for the cords, and seals, caps all completely tidy, I would reject it. Those in the know can tell you how often items are sold even though they have been on display, demo'ed, played with or even returned, and then re-sold. I think these cases are simply showing that they are getting very sloppy these days repacking and checking. There is a price to pay with online purchases and a reason why a personalised service and buying items totally new from factory is worth the extra money. Of course, we also know the games people play by trying and returning goods, which in a way also caused less and less professional service.

I instead prefer buying online for these reasons. When buying something from a shop, I feel it's much more likely to get a box that would have been opened and fiddled with, demoed to any customers passing by for days or weeks, with salesmen keen to get rid of this fingerprinted stuff ASAP with the first keen buyer (especially for shops where they let you inspect before buying).

When buying online instead (but only for big and trustworthy retailers like Amazon) I always had the impression to get the sealed pack straight out of the factory, and that any returned product would be sold as open box/warehouse deal, not as a new one. With Amazon I would also be confident that they would be very flexible and willing to accept a return for whatever minor imperfection.

Mario G's gear list:Mario G's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Panasonic 20mm F1.7 II Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow