Started Dec 3, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
chrisnorris
Regular MemberPosts: 177Gear list
Like?
Moving from Panasonic to Olympus - what are your experiences
Dec 3, 2013

I am currently changing from DX to M43 and have been using a Panasonic G5 to augment my Nikon D7000.

One of the things I really like about the G5 is the ability to see the menu in the viewfinder and scroll through each item - I hate having to put reading glasses on to read text on the monitor.

To make my move to M43 fully, I had thought about the GH3, but a combination of EVF problems reported on forums, value for money (price still pretty high in the UK) and the quality of the new EM-1 have made me think of moving to Olympus instead. Just wondering if any others had made this move and what your experiences were with regard to the menu system and its availability in the viewfinder.

chrisnorris's gear list:chrisnorris's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D7000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +5 more
Nikon D7000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow