Started 8 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
g0wex
Senior MemberPosts: 1,147Gear list
Like?
EM-1 + 12-40mm and a few local landscapes
8 months ago

I've had the EM-1 and 12-40mm kit about 3 weeks now and have been out several times into the Peak District to shoot a few landscapes so thought I would share a few taken with my new set up.

This is my first post on this forum but have been around for a few years posting on the Olympus SLR talk forum as I own several other Oly cameras (E300, E420, E3 and E5)

I didn't know how I was going to get on with the EVF but it actually has been a revelation, I generally use a range of ND grad filters when shooting landscapes and I've found that they are so much easier to adjust using the EVF and having more dynamic range than the E5 means that I can usually capture my shot in one frame rather than bracketing my exposures.

Anyway a few images :

My first outing (using a 0.9 reverse ND grad filter)

(0.6 hard ND grad)

Second outing Pre-dawn (0.9 reverse ND grad)

(0.9 reverse + 0.6 soft ND grad filters)

Shooting down Wyming brook (polarising filter used)

I tried to remove the stick but didn't fancy an early bath as it was firmly wedged!!

I was lucky to capture this amazing sunset on Saturday evening.

and a quick one from Sunday morning (polarising filter + 0.9 ND + 0.6 soft ND grad)

All in all I couldn't be happier with the EM-1, the 12-40 mm is lovely and can see this been my lens of choice for the most part (not even tried my 7-14, 12-60 or 50-200 as yet!!) yes the battery doesn't last as long but I have the HLD-7 with 4 batteries in total so not really an issue, I can change the battery in the grip while on my tripod which takes less than a minute so not a problem.

Many thanks for taking the time to look

Cheers Steve

g0wex's gear list:g0wex's gear list
Olympus E-M1
Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow