OK, what do you think of -this- photo?

Started Nov 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
skanter
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,804Gear list
Like?
Re: OK, what do you think of -this- photo?
In reply to jrkliny, Dec 3, 2013

jrkliny wrote:

mikero wrote:

Sorry, since when has photography been 'all about mood and not subject or composition'. Have I missed something?

Mike

The mood and story telling have always been very important. I think Sam's image has a strong composition. Look at the diagonals, other lines and shapes. They work together very well. The lone bus and otherwise deserted streets and the storm tell the story and are the subject.

To me the grunge factor was overdone. I am not looking for typical landscape sharpness but I think the image would have been much more appealing with more detail. Just reducing the big camera shake might have done it.

I didn't purposely shake the camera, I just shot hand-held with very little light. This was shot many years ago with 2nd generation Rebel XT. This was the best image i could get, but i liked the impressionistic quality that appeared. Im not sure this image would have been better if things were sharp with no noise...

-- hide signature --

Sam K., NYC

skanter's gear list:skanter's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
crapNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow