OK, what do you think of -this- photo?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
jrkliny
Senior MemberPosts: 2,695Gear list
Like?
Re: OK, what do you think of -this- photo?
In reply to mikero, 8 months ago

mikero wrote:

Sorry, since when has photography been 'all about mood and not subject or composition'. Have I missed something?

Mike

The mood and story telling have always been very important.  I think Sam's image has a strong composition.  Look at the diagonals, other lines and shapes.  They work together very well.  The lone bus and otherwise deserted streets and the storm tell the story and are the subject.

To me the grunge factor was overdone.  I am not looking for typical landscape sharpness but I think the image would have been much more appealing with more detail.  Just reducing the big camera shake might have done it.

BTW, I never think photography has been "about" composition.  The design of an image and the compositional elements are important but they are not what photography is about.

-- hide signature --
 jrkliny's gear list:jrkliny's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
crapNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow