Once in a year opportunity : ) .... messed up. : (

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Philly
Senior MemberPosts: 1,098
Like?
Re: Once in a year opportunity : ) .... messed up. : (
In reply to GeorgianBay1939, 10 months ago

The lessons that I would take from this is that, if this is a once in a year opportunity, you should have worked out what shutter speed, etc. you should use beforehand--especially if you have easy access to the shooting environment. It seems to me that it would been more constructive and better use of your time to have taken a few sample train shots before and evaluated those results. I supposed the sample shots would not have the christmas lights, but I think you would have still learned something from them. I also agree with other posters who wrote that they believe you are making this much more complicated than it is. And I also agree with some others who don't think the subject (moving train at night, with limited lighting) could have yielded a decent photo.

It would seem to me that you could best argue your points and the "lessons" you are trying to teach by just taking and posting a good photo from your back yard of the train as it is running by. (I know that the train won't have the Christmas lights. Did you agree with the poster who said that anything could be photographed? If you did, then this would be an opportunity to apply the information that you are presenting, to photograph something that is even harder to capture than your original subject.)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
wellNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow