Started Dec 2, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Richard Weisgrau
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,172
Like?
Lumix 14/2.5 lens with DWM-GWC-1 Wide angle converter - test images
Dec 2, 2013

A few days ago I bought a Lumix DMW-GWC1 which attaches to either the 14/2.5 or 14-42 PZ lenses. Previously I had tried to fins a review of the Converter on the 14/2.5 lens. That was unsuccessful and forum posts were generally unhelpful since none of them had images included. So I decided to purchase the Converter and try it. I tied it on both my 14/2.5 and the 14-42 II lenses. I don’t have the PZ lens but I was just curious about how it would perform on the non PZ Zoom. The photos herein tell the story. I selected the subject for its vertical and horizontal lines that would show the distortion more readily.

The photos are out of the camera jpegs with no post processing of any kind other than to us the PTLens plug-in in my Aperture software to correct distortion. The corrections were made automatically by setting the Camera as a G6 and selecting the 14-42 with DMW-GWC1 as the lens.

The first shot was taken withe the 14-42 II (not the PZ) The barrel distortion and the extreme vignetting are apparent. The attempt to correct these with PT lens was unsuccessful so no corrected version has been uploaded to the thread.

The second shot was taken with the Converter on the 14/2.5. The barrel distortion is pronounced.

The third shot is the the corrected version of the second shot. While not perfect it is quite acceptable in my opinion. The PT lens plugin is the latest version.

My conclusion – a good add on that delivers the field of view of an 11mm lens. on the 14/2.5 it is about the same size as the 14-42 II lens.

-- hide signature --

Richard Weisgrau
www.drawnwithlight.com

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow