ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
OnCam
Regular MemberPosts: 136Gear list
Like?
Make the switch to small system?
9 months ago

Hey guys,

Been shooting with the old faithful dslr for about 10 years or so now i guess. switched from canon to nikon an loving it the past 2 years.

Just thinking about picking something up for casual walks, take everywhere &  travel  etc however it MAY turn into a full system switch.

i love taking photos but even my d7000 with 35 1.8G is a bit of a hassle to carry, also im quite conservative unfortunately & don't like to draw attention to myself while taking photos.

Have been looking at  Panasonic GX7 or the OMD-EM5 / EP5

Canon NEX6 is another option with the 16-50 as its the cheapest option & with a $30 adaptor can use my nikkor lens's with focus peeking. Also means i can keep my lenses.

Nikon 1 system seems quite nice also, have looked into it, but not sure completely about it, i also prefer the V1 which is getting on now..

Have been looking at either buying a supplement to my kit or just switching completely to a small system, although to sell what i have which is a nice established dlsr kit i would probably lose out financially during the transition

The Nikon kit i have is the best bang for buck i could come up with & am happy with the quality & performance im getting with all my lenses.

At the moment i see the small & stylish 4/3 system very appealing with some decent lens options for me, however i also see to sell my gear too good to sell at the price i will get.

Could anyone offer an input or advice if you have another smaller camera to your DSLR or have switched over , or even come back completely from the smaller systems.

thanks. Cam

OnCam's gear list:OnCam's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D7000 Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow