ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
OnCam
Regular MemberPosts: 102Gear list
Like?
Make the switch to small system?
4 months ago

Hey guys,

Been shooting with the old faithful dslr for about 10 years or so now i guess. switched from canon to nikon an loving it the past 2 years.

Just thinking about picking something up for casual walks, take everywhere &  travel  etc however it MAY turn into a full system switch.

i love taking photos but even my d7000 with 35 1.8G is a bit of a hassle to carry, also im quite conservative unfortunately & don't like to draw attention to myself while taking photos.

Have been looking at  Panasonic GX7 or the OMD-EM5 / EP5

Canon NEX6 is another option with the 16-50 as its the cheapest option & with a $30 adaptor can use my nikkor lens's with focus peeking. Also means i can keep my lenses.

Nikon 1 system seems quite nice also, have looked into it, but not sure completely about it, i also prefer the V1 which is getting on now..

Have been looking at either buying a supplement to my kit or just switching completely to a small system, although to sell what i have which is a nice established dlsr kit i would probably lose out financially during the transition

The Nikon kit i have is the best bang for buck i could come up with & am happy with the quality & performance im getting with all my lenses.

At the moment i see the small & stylish 4/3 system very appealing with some decent lens options for me, however i also see to sell my gear too good to sell at the price i will get.

Could anyone offer an input or advice if you have another smaller camera to your DSLR or have switched over , or even come back completely from the smaller systems.

thanks. Cam

OnCam's gear list:OnCam's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon D7000 Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow