Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
NalaKing
Forum MemberPosts: 75Gear list
Like?
Fun Factor : Nikon Df v.s. Sony A7R
9 months ago

First of all, i would like to say sorry for starting another post about the Nikon Df.
Ok, i'll get straight to the point. I'm in a dilemma between this two camera. To be frank and specific, G.A.S. kicked in when i saw the release of the A7/R and i know i needed something new. Don't bash me, it's the only cure When i got my Canon 7D, i was thinking how great it is and how is it possible for camera manufacturer to manufacture a camera that is as stupendous as the Canon 7D. Tough Magnesium Alloy, Weather Sealed, 8FPS, and that 19 point AF ( Yes, 19! Less is more! ). But recently, i realized that camera manufacturer seems to be taking the "fun'' out of a camera. Well, i shoot solely in manual mode. That means i have aperture, ISO, and shutter speed to set. Somehow i don't feel connected to the camera despite the fact that it is undeniably an amazing beast and people who actually know how to use it can get amazing results.
I will be switching to full frame and i am torn between the Nikon Df and i will use manual lenses. For nearly 3 months time, i'm hooked on Leica's' and visit Steve Huff and Japan Camera Hunter drooling over those cameras. Naturally, i'm a big fan of aperture ring ( AF-D, AIS ), shutter dial and all those *whatever* rings or dials on the camera. It feels more mechanical. And the Nikon Df offers just that. What makes it even better is the availability of third party focusing screen. They say you never see you never know. I'm pretty sure they is someone who are out there testing it ( Katzeye's founder just replied me back that he is going to test it). On the other hand, Sony A7R offers 36MP sensor with absolutely fantastic dynamic range and the flexibility of mounting different branded lenses. I'm a big fan of the EVF too.
I really don't care about the burst rate of these cameras. I never do sports photography. I do GENERAL PHOTOGRAPHY ( a little bit of everything, apart from macro ). And down to my question, which is more fun to use? Aligning the micro-prism and tweak the shutter dials and aperture ring of the Df or use focus peaking and preview image before composition of the A7R ?

NalaKing's gear list:NalaKing's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton
Canon EOS 7D Nikon Df Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha 7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
wellNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow