Once in a year opportunity : ) .... messed up. : (

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Corkcampbell
Forum ProPosts: 13,059Gear list
Like?
Thanks. That was in Pyongyang, North Korea, in late July.
In reply to GeorgianBay1939, 10 months ago

Also sneaked filming of the military parade most of which I recorded at the wrong white balance because I hadn't changed the custom back to "auto" from the night before. Duh. Was able to fix it somewhat in Lightroom and that's also on YouTube. I messed up the stills, also, by giving the camera "video priority" over stills if I shoot a still while recording video. Another duh. My stills, which I added to the YouTube clips, look like shots from a five year-old phone. Really unhappy about that (kinda like your situation) because the composition of the stills was good and the subject matter was incredible. I got a shot of a soldier hanging out of the window of the cab of a huge missile-carrying truck holding a pink flower. And some really good ones of young female (look about 15) navy recruits celebrating, posing, and cheering when they saw my camera - no one has cameras there.

Just like you leaving your faster lens in the truck, I knew (KNEW!) one should never take a new camera on an important trip or shoot without learning how to use it. Triple Mega Duh!

Corkcampbell's gear list:Corkcampbell's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
wellNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow