Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
robbo d
Contributing MemberPosts: 791Gear list
Like?
More AF frustrations....
7 months ago

Ok, took the 12-24 for a spin on the K5IIs the other day. Damn thing won't focus at longer distances in either AF-S or AF-C. Out of focus and then reverted to MF, where it was almost but not quite good enough. One shot was taken of the church closer and the combo was happy to focus at closer distances and yes, very nice.

Works ok on the Kx..........

The Sigma 17-50 can often miss a landscape shot as well, sometimes with not so good contrast subjects.

The 50-135 is better in AF-S and generally getting better shots, but closer distances and again subjects not so contrasting are almost impossible to get a lock.

Getting very frustrated that I have 2-3k worth of top of the line DSLR gear and out of the box, its not working. My Nokia Lumia and girlfriends Oly compact are bang on first time. Am I missing something here.......my Kx and kit lenses never gave me such grief.

The landscape and closer images out of the Nokia are sensational for a smart phone and making me wonder why am I bothering apart from some of the obvious DSLR benefits.

why should we purchase gear like this and have to calibrate each lens to each body, send it back get another copy etc etc.....I have heard so many people have to go through the same process and even with other brands.

I have been photographing for many many years. I know how to half press, compose, use the focus points etc. Getting frustrated to the point of ditching all my gear and save myself the money and heartache, use a compact and phone and see what technology and the future brings. After all RAW support on the Nokia is here and I could play on lightroom if i choose.

Does anyone else feel a little the same with such modern tech and expensive gear???

robbo d's gear list:robbo d's gear list
Pentax K-x Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 IIs Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +7 more
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-x
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow