Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
a l b e r t
Senior MemberPosts: 1,300Gear list
Like?
How to track a toddler's movement with X-E2
10 months ago

Turn Face Detection on. For indoor shots with bounced flash (EF-20 + Omnibounce diffuser), I set shutter speed to 1/180. For outdoor, you may want to set it higher (1/250) if fill flash is not required. I set AutoISO 800 (limit the ISO the camera can use so I get more flash output vs ambient at night). Aperture set to Auto if this is daytime, but at least f/2.8 if it is at night to give it enough DoF. Set AF-C. For the test, I was using the XF23 1.4 lens.

Now when I half press the shutter release button, the camera will continue AF on the face and you can fire away when you got the expression on the face you want to capture. Flash exposure is accurate most of the time as it uses the face as reference.

Got a number of keepers that way. Can't do that with X-E1 and even with the D3s, tracking is still difficult (tracked the wrong things at times).

a l b e r t's gear list:a l b e r t's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Nikon D3S Fujifilm X-E2 +5 more
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Nikon D3S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow