Once in a year opportunity : ) .... messed up. : (

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
GeorgianBay1939
Senior MemberPosts: 2,374Gear list
Like?
Re: Once in a year opportunity : ) .... messed up. : (
In reply to MikeyLNG, 10 months ago

MikeyLNG wrote:

I get the impression that you think far far too much about getting the absolute perfect shot with the exact settings as calculated by the scientific laws of physics with 12 formulas to ensure the aperture and ISO gives you optimal dynamic range with the least diffraction.

I mean does anyone really need to know "(EV = log (N^2)/t = log (28.09 x 6) = log 168.54 = 7.4 (log = log to base 2)"? Photography should be fun! Worrying too much about getting everything absolutely pixel perfect will just hinder your creativity in my opinion.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

I wrote that little bracket for people who might want to know how I got that approximation.  Some folks use the tables here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exposure_value#EV_as_an_indicator_of_camera_settings

which are kinda handy when you can't trust your exposure meter, as in the case of the train at night.

They are also handy in understanding EC on your camera.

Here are some albums to check out, if you'd like:

http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/796805747/albums

I don't understand how a deep understanding of the science of photography hinders creativity.

It didn't hinder thousands of outstanding practitioners of the Art including this guy .  I don't  claim to be particularly creative, but by understanding more about my tools, I hope to become a bit more so.

Tom

GeorgianBay1939's gear list:GeorgianBay1939's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
wellNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow