Once in a year opportunity : ) .... messed up. : (

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
GeorgianBay1939
Senior MemberPosts: 2,497Gear list
Like?
Re: THANK YOU!! Re: Once in a year opportunity : ) .... messed up. : (
In reply to Sunny Caribe, 11 months ago

Sunny Caribe wrote:

Great big thanks from me for sharing your photo, your thoughts going into it, and your after-action report, all in fun. I've learned a great deal both from your experience and from many of the replies from those who get it, and especially from those who don't. Discussions like these make this place great. Thanks again,

-- hide signature --

Rick

My goodness! That is very generous of you Rick!

I guess that it is the old teacher in my that motivates me to share some of my more useful learning experiences --- especially those which arise out of "failure".  Or maybe it is because I was once a warden for these guys http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Ring where this is said:

• Many believe that the rings are made from the steel of a beam from the first Quebec Bridge, which collapsed during construction in 1907. Seventy-five construction workers died in the collapse which was attributed to poor planning and design by the overseeing engineers. This understanding may have its roots in a common practice of attaching a symbol of an engineering failure, such as a bolt from that bridge, to the chain that is held by participants in the ritual.

A considerable history of engineering indicates that the study of failure has advanced engineering science and practice.  I know that I learn a lot by studying my messed-up images as well as the others.   In case of the train shot .... there was a LOT to be learned.

Good that you are separating the wheat from the chaff, the signal from the noise ... an important talent on this internet!

Have fun!!

Tom

GeorgianBay1939's gear list:GeorgianBay1939's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
wellNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow