Initial impressions: Fuji X100s vs. Sony RX1

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Initial impressions: Fuji X100s vs. Sony RX1
In reply to Daniel Lauring, 9 months ago

DL, Thanks! for a reasonable (in other words, NOT a hair-on-fire fanboy rant / flame session) comparison.

Although I'm a hopeless sucker for the X's retro design brief, I'd be the first to recognize it is at a disadvantage empirically vs. a FX-sized sensor.  Like most things, there are guys that will smoke the RX with an X100S, and vice-versa, it can depend a lot 'who's behind the wheel'.  Got to admire that Zeiss lens as well.

For me personally, it's a non starter, as

A) it's another one of these 'brick' form factor cameras that allows a hotshoe flash or an add-on EVF, but not both, a problem hardly unique to Sony. . . .

B) and I really hate plugging in the camera to recharge.  Have they offered spare batts / offboard charging ?

C) maybe not a factor considering the buy-in price of the camera, but the accessory prices are just obscene.

And I doubt Sony will be anywhere near as attentive as Fuji in offereing continuing software updates, but then, I can hardly think of anyone else who does so on the scale that Fuji has.

A remarkable and properly celebrated camera, just not for me.   And I have no Sony axe to grind:  I'm VERY interested in the RX10.

JW

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow