Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
MightyMike
Forum ProPosts: 30,583
Like?
Do you need to be 50% better or not?
9 months ago

It has been said that one needs to improve their technique by 50% because we have 50% more pixels in the same space, others might say a 22% improvement is necessary as that is the linear increase in pixels.

This is possibly true but i suspect not true for most.

The only way this is true is if at 16mp you're at the absolute limit of your own ability with regards to technique.

I have and suspect many others have far better technique than that, in fact if our technique is just 50% (or 22%) better than what is necessary for a 16mp sensor then we need no improvement in technique, However I suspect the vast majority of us are even better than that when we aren't making mistakes or goofing off.

I'd be willing to take an 80mp sensor and put my technique to the test, sure i certainly not perfect, I'll bet as the pixel count increases a tripod would start to out do me but I'm confident that this increase in pixels is not yet something to worry about!

Nothing wrong with taking more care and improving ones technique but don't be afraid of pixel count, don't let the forum tell you it can't be done, do it for yourself and find your limit and work within it! We are not all created equal but I'll bet that most don't push their limits.

-- hide signature --

Mike from Canada
"I am not a great photographer! God is a great creator! All I do is capture His creation with the tools He has provided me."
'I like to think so far outside the box that it would require a telephoto lens just to see the box!' ~ 'My Quote :)'
http://www.michaelfastphotography.com/galleries/VP-BDI_3a.jpg
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?sort_order=views%20DESC&first_this_page=0&page_limit=180&&emailsearch=mighty_mike88%40hotmail.com&thumbnails=

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow