Started Dec 1, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mmmmmmmm
Senior MemberPosts: 2,652
Like?
D800-my worst investment ever!!
Dec 1, 2013

I purchased a D800 one year ago last July.  It has been to Nikon twice to have the focus checked and both times Nikon told me that there was(is) nothing wrong with the focus of the camera.

Both my Fuji S5's (6mg file) and my D700 take sharper pictures than my D800 using the same Nikon lenses!!  This is even using the center single focus point.

Two factors keep me from going back to Canon.  The first is that I own more than 12 Nikon top lenses.  Secondly, I am 71 years of age and will probably be retiring this May when my wife retires from 38 years of teaching.

I have little to no faith in Nikon, since the focus problems with the D800 and the oil or whatever spots on the D600 sensor.  I thought about doing some personal photography after this summer but I am ready to ditch my entire Nikon collection of bodies and lenses.

david miller

Nikon D600 Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow