Apple or PC? Does One Truly have an Advantage Over the Other?

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DarylS
New MemberPosts: 16
Like?
Apple or PC? Does One Truly have an Advantage Over the Other?
8 months ago

I've recently started printing my work and it's been hit-or-miss (a LOT of misses).  Even using a ColorMunki, the results are far from satisfying.  Of course, it's those twin $99 monitors I'm using, right?  So it's time to move on to more serious equipment b/c ink and paper cost too much to keep printing until I get it right.

I have a reliable source that told me that the Dell Ultrasharp series monitors are excellent and paired with a good PC would cost far less than a 21" iMac and perform just as well.  Well, by now we all know there are 2 types of people in this world:  PC people and Mac people.  So without causing a PC/Mac war in this post...can someone tell me if there is truly STILL an advantage of owning one over the other?  PC monitors and hardware have come a long way since the days of the undisputable and dominant reign of the Mac for working in graphics.  Really, I'm just trying to collect enough information to make a decision.

Thanks

Daryl

ANSWER:
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow