K-3 images? I think my technique's fine .....

Started 9 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
emem
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,337Gear list
Like?
K-3 images? I think my technique's fine .....
9 months ago

Well today my wife and I took a jaunt into the city (Sydney) for a couple of hours. The weather looked good in the morning but soon became cloudy and overcast. I decided to wander around the city, snapping a few shots as I have been doing for about 8 years or so now with various Pentax cameras - because that's the way I like to take my photographs. No change to my "technique" - just to see how difficult or otherwise it would be to get the same decent shots I have been with other cameras. So have a look for yourself guys. While I have no doubt the image quality - ie sharpness, in this case - could have been improved with tripod use and higher shutter speeds, I'm quite happy with what I got - and have no inention of dragging a tripod around the city when I go for a casual outing. And if the K-3 can't deliver under those circumstances, it's of no use to me, or about 95% of the people around the world who will buy it. Of all DSLR owners, I'd reckon about 5% or less are what you'd call "enthusiasts" or "advanced amateurs" .

Anyway, all hand held - a couple of them are HDRs, still hand held. I think all the chatter about technique is just that - chatter.

All images were PP'd in ACDsee - as is my wont.

1/125th sec

1/125th sec

HDR - hand held.

HDR - hand held.

1/50th sec

-- hide signature --

Mike McEnaney. (emem)
www.veritasmea.com

Comment & critique:
Please provide me constructive critique and criticism.
Pentax K-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow