Steve Huff review A7/R, say they will take over the world!

Started Nov 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ZzzooM3
Regular MemberPosts: 270Gear list
Like?
Re: Steve Huff review A7/R, say they will take over the world!
In reply to Brian Caslis, Dec 1, 2013

Brian Caslis wrote:

Rod McD wrote:

Hi,

Once I'd adjusted my own 'sensor' for the excitable language and the fact that it was the same for the EM1 a few weeks ago, I think his descriptions are useful enough. However, for me, there's a very significant omission - he failed to address the lack of top notch wide angle lenses. Yes the ZFE35mm looks excellent, but what are we to do for wider lens? Waiting for a native FE wider lens doesn't inspire confidence in the system.

I'm a landscape enthusiast, a former medium and large format user. The A7s look, and still look, like a boon for the trekking and traveling photographer. They are small, light, sealed high res bodies that will take almost any lens ever made. But a body doesn't make a system...... I've seen many a post about issues with corner illumination, color shifts, and worse from RF lenses. What I'd love to see would be a few convincingly beautiful posts from 20-24mm DSLR lenses that worked well without PP to address the corners. Hopefully someone who's actually received a camera will try a few accessible 20-24mm lenses and post them SOOC.

Still sitting (very hopefully) on the fence,

Rod

In the video by The Camera Store in Canada, they used a Canon UWA zoom on the A7r. In the video there wasn't any obvious problem shown but it's hard to say for sure from a video. Look at about 12:20 minutes into the video.

Did you see the post from Sanjeet ? He's got a few ultra wide-angle shots.

ZzzooM3's gear list:ZzzooM3's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Sony Alpha 7 Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow