Steve Huff review A7/R, say they will take over the world!

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
Rod McD
Senior MemberPosts: 2,424Gear list
Like?
Re: Steve Huff review A7/R, say they will take over the world!
In reply to zilver, 10 months ago

Hi,

Once I'd adjusted my own 'sensor' for the excitable language and the fact that it was the same for the EM1 a few weeks ago, I think his descriptions are useful enough. However, for me, there's a very significant omission - he failed to address the lack of top notch wide angle lenses. Yes the ZFE35mm looks excellent, but what are we to do for wider lens? Waiting for a native FE wider lens doesn't inspire confidence in the system.

I'm a landscape enthusiast, a former medium and large format user. The A7s look, and still look, like a boon for the trekking and traveling photographer. They are small, light, sealed high res bodies that will take almost any lens ever made. But a body doesn't make a system...... I've seen many a post about issues with corner illumination, color shifts, and worse from RF lenses. What I'd love to see would be a few convincingly beautiful posts from 20-24mm DSLR lenses that worked well without PP to address the corners. Hopefully someone who's actually received a camera will try a few accessible 20-24mm lenses and post them SOOC.

Still sitting (very hopefully) on the fence,

Rod

Rod McD's gear list:Rod McD's gear list
Canon PowerShot G12 Canon PowerShot G1 X Fujifilm X-T1 Voigtlander 90mm F3.5 APO-Lanthar SL II Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow