ISOless sensors, read noise and photography - many questions!

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
WilbaW
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,655Gear list
Like?
Re: why not include raw example of your concern?
In reply to RussellInCincinnati, 8 months ago

RussellInCincinnati wrote:

why not include raw example of your concern?

Because that won't clarify the context of your statement. If you had said, To recap what I just said in the previous paragraph (not the whole thread in general or digital photography entirely), in the field when I need a photo with my C3 above ISO 800..., there would be no ambiguity and no need to remind people about the dangers of generalising specific advice and adopting it without question.

RussellInCincinnati wrote:

...and considering how low the stakes are in this matter (since anyone technical enough to be interested in this thread can do a low vs high ISO experiment with about 3 minutes of work),

So why are you so opposed to me adding that people should do that before they fundamentally change the way they do things? Your opposition makes it seem like you do want everyone to accept your advice without question.

you do our readers an injustice to imply there is something meaningfully misleading about Boardsy and my findings...

I can't see anything wrong with your findings and I haven't criticised them in any way, so you're fighting your own demons there. The only thing I'm concerned about is that in recapping your findings it sounds like you're giving universal advice, for every photographer with any camera (which isn't valid), rather than specific advice, for your photography with your camera (which is valid).

If you are claiming that all photographers should shoot at 800 when a higher ISO is indicated, regardless of camera or needs, then I invalidate that with my own findings - it does not suit me and my camera.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BAM!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow