Steve Huff review A7/R, say they will take over the world!

Started Nov 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ZzzooM3
Regular MemberPosts: 270Gear list
Like?
Re: Steve Huff review A7/R, say they will take over the world!
In reply to blue_skies, Dec 1, 2013

blue_skies wrote:

zilver wrote:

Well, the mirrorless world at least

http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2013/11/29/the-sony-a7-and-a7r-camera-review-by-steve-huff/

seems he thinks A7 is best all around, while A7R is best for ultimate image quality. he asks why does Sony make us choose!? I agree!

In Steve Huff-esk way, he yet finds another 'best of the best' camera. Two in fact, because he refuses to choose winners.

Interesting read, as he still leaves some straws for the m43 users, but he seems to have changed his opinion a lot otherwise. I guess he is experiencing and realizing the flexibility of the FF format and the A7 cameras, and seems impressed.

I choose the A7 over the A7R for personal reasons, the biggest one being that I don't need the 36Mp IQ, especially since Sony had to take out some of the features (EFC being the mist noticable one). I agree with Steve's comment here.

I think that Sony designed the cameras with this in mind, yet, with the A7R outselling the A7 by a 2:1 ratio, I wonder if people are buying just on spec.

Or perhaps this was only the pre-order ratio and is not telling much yet.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

Yes, this seems to me to be analogous to the iPhone 5S vs 5C in this regard. Seemingly, the manufacturer could not produce 1 product that would meet all needs for whatever reasons. The solution, make 2 products! I don't think it is working out too well for the iPhone 5C. Personally, I find it hard to believe the majority of users would choose to spend $700 simply on sensor specs but we shall see.

ZzzooM3's gear list:ZzzooM3's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Sony Alpha 7 Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow