Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ken224
Regular MemberPosts: 107Gear list
Like?
Re: Olympus OM vs Fuji X
In reply to Sal Baker, 9 months ago

Sal Baker wrote:

ken224 wrote:

Agree with all you are saying. Yet I bought an Olympus and not XE1. Why? I just can not live with the fact that Fuji jpegs are better than any raw conversion. So far anyway.

I wish someone designed a proper raw converter to use the full potential of this beautiful sensor...

Which raw converters have you run X-E1 files through? What didn't you like about each converter?

Sal

I do not have an X-trans Fuji camera (but I do have the old X100 and I love it) so I have not done any raw conversions myself. I relied on dpreview and their skill. From the XE1 review:

If they can not make their raw conversion at least comparable to the OOC jpeg, I have no hope either.

The situation may have changed since but it is too late for me. I have gone the m4/3 route and if I change the system in the future (painful as it is) I would probably look more in the direction of Sony A7 or A7R.

Opportunities to seize the market are rare and they do not last. Fuji had it two years ago and squandered it by keeping the interpolation algorithm close to their chest. The world is moving on...

Having said this I still like the dedicated manual controls (aperture ring, shutter dial, +/- dial) on the Fuji cameras. Sigh...

ken224's gear list:ken224's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow