Steve Huff review A7/R, say they will take over the world!

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
rurouni
Regular MemberPosts: 427
Like?
Re: Steve Huff review A7/R, say they will take over the world!
In reply to zilver, 9 months ago

I've bought the A7R and have some additional comments to add on:

- Shutter sound is fine in most shooting conditions

- Imo, both the A7 and A7R require good camera handholding technique to get the most out of a shot, but importantly as long as you have the basics down, you can get great output

- Black and White conversions on the A7R look fantastic especially if you are willing to spend some time editing in LR or Sliver Efx

The cameras are indeed a watershed in camera tech and design. Here I have finally a full frame cam that with the right lens combi is even smaller than my Nikon FE or Bessa-R rangefinder and most importantly, feels good to shoot with.

Lastly, as most folks are using smartphones these days to share and view photos, the smartphone integration with the cam gives the A7 another dimension of useability. Using the 'Send to smartphone' function, one can quickly shoot some pics at an informal gather, output them to an iPhone/Android in downsized image mode, edit and distribute to friends via messaging or social media.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow