IBIS for SONY E MOUNT FF cameras may be seen in upcoming models !

Started Nov 29, 2013 | Discussions thread
Clayton1985
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,034
Like?
Re: re: indeed, hopefully NEVER
In reply to captura, Nov 30, 2013

captura wrote:

jpr2 wrote:

NEXFULLFRAME wrote:

I certainly hope not. Give me fast lenses and big high-ISO sensors that can actually freeze motion blur instead.

IBIS represents everything wrong with over-complex technology that u43 users seem to love. It's yet another thing to go wrong when sensor alignment is so critical to avoid lens de-centering issues that become more important the larger the format,

As evidence, the OMD series has trouble at certain shutter speed ranges when not using EFCS due to IBIS reacting badly with the shutter shock and body vibration harmonics.

IBIS is a gimmick, and useless for moving targets anyway = no need to make cameras more bulky for a very sporadic & doubtful capability. It might be OK with behemoths like SLT line, but it is a blessing that it is absent in small MILCs - we want MILC to get smaller still, not larger

jpr2

Works very well on the OMD cameras.

Yes, if Sony decided to use a sensor that small they would save some production cost and would have more room for IBIS as well.   But I don't think that is going to happen.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow