Steve Huff review A7/R, say they will take over the world!

Started Nov 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
ZzzooM3
Regular MemberPosts: 270Gear list
Like?
Re: Steve Huff review A7/R, say they will take over the world!
In reply to lolopasstrail, Nov 30, 2013

lolopasstrail wrote:

I have a headache from reading the gushing prose, like texts a 13 year old girl would share. OMG!!! OMG!!! Random capitalized words, heavy on the exclamation points, phrases randomly in capital letters, then other phrases randomly italicized, then both, then both in red colored fonts...

Funniest thing is, so many of the responding posters write the exact same style.

I try to get past the headache part and pull out some really useful information. It seems the takeaway is this is the best camera ever. I think I read the same about the Olympus EM1 and a Fuji or two. After that, the direct commercial that if you want to buy this bestest camera ever, just go to this link.

I'm looking forward to real world reviews from someone who has no links to making money from gushing over the latest newest expensive commercial product. Ming Thein is a standout- no commercials, honest real-world experiences, take it or leave it.

I have no ill will toward Steve and it is his site to do as he pleases, and appreciate that he even has a site. My suggestion is to engage an editor to tone down the italics and trim the repetition is all.

All the top end cameras are the "best" when they come out until the next version is released. It has always been that way and always will. What do you consider a "real world" review?

ZzzooM3's gear list:ZzzooM3's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Sony Alpha 7 Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow