Why is this called "Leica Talk" ?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
RaajS
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,902
Like?
Re: An option
In reply to nzmacro, 8 months ago

nzmacro wrote:

I shouldn't even be in here according to one poster.

Here's a thought. I participate in a few forums at DPR and if we take the Oly SLR forum as an example, each week (once a week) they have open threads. In other words any brand is allowed to post shots from any camera. Sony DSLR / SLT does exactly the same thing and it is very successful. Panasonic does the same.

I just upset someone in here and that's obvious, I'm sorry if I did. That is not what I want. Here's the issue. I look at a few forums here all the time, I don't always comment for sure. Here is how I go about visiting a forum and good example of what I do.

I simply click on the photos icon at the top of the forums and here's what it looks like when I do ........

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/1038?filter=photo&view=grid

From there I see what is of the most interest and I open up the post. That is where it gets very confusing and awkward IMO.

Okay, I'm a NEX user and maybe to some, I shouldn't be looking in here, well I'm sorry, but I do.

As a Nex user, let me offer you my sympathies.  And I'll accept yours in return for using anachronistic, over-priced, technologically backward Leica equipment.

All the best and I'll now go back to my cave.

No need to go back into your cave, which I am sure is very nice.  Why not go shoot some images?  You might even share them here.

Danny.

-- hide signature --

http://www.birdsinaction.com
The image couldn't care less what took it, it just exists.

A couple of pieces of unsolicited advice:

1.  Please count the number of "I"'s in your original post - highlighted very thoughtfully by me above - you're welcome.  Then reflect on the count and what it might mean.

2. Sit in the lotus position and contemplate the line in your own sig.  Repeat until your consciousness transcends all limitations of brand and you become one with the Leica Forum...

Cheers,

-raaj

-- hide signature --

'Change is not Mandatory, you don't have to Survive...'
SeekingLight.net

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow