Steve Huff review A7/R, say they will take over the world!

Started Nov 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
sassenach74
Regular MemberPosts: 375Gear list
Like?
Re: Steve Huff review A7/R, say they will take over the world!
In reply to LoneReaction, Nov 30, 2013

LoneReaction wrote:

Brian Caslis wrote:

How is it in normal operation? Anything feel slow? I can't quite figure out what the point in his review was. Is it it's slow to turn on? You can need to take more care to get a 36MP shot? If it feels normal/fast in normal operation I don't see what the point is.

I don't shoot sports or fast moving objects, so I have no experience with such scenarios. But so far it has been as fast as I expect it to be. It is quite impossible to "trip the camera" from pressing things too quickly.

If you change the shutter speed, aperture or ISO, at the bottom there will be an animation of a "scrolling effect" which seems to lag. But if you look at the actual settings at the bottom of the screen, it changes immediately. The animation lags to provide "visual smoothness"

I think most people would be best served by trying it out in a store instead of reading too much into reviews, because this kinds of things are subjective.

-- hide signature --

Not sure if you're aware or not, but you can turn that animation off.

Neil.

-- hide signature --

sassenach74's gear list:sassenach74's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM Sony FE 35mm F2.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow