Steve Huff review A7/R, say they will take over the world!

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
SQLGuy
Senior MemberPosts: 2,404Gear list
Like?
Re: Steve Huff review A7/R, say they will take over the world!
In reply to LoneReaction, 5 months ago

LoneReaction wrote:

kaku wrote:

LoneReaction wrote:

I just used the stopwatch on my phone with my left hand, and with my right hand I turned on the camera, and took a photo (manual focus). Once I heard the shutter I stopped the stopwatch. This took exactly 1.01 seconds.

That's pretty fast. Is that turning "on" from sleep/suspend mode? Because that's even faster than my Nex 6. Perhaps you should switch hands and operate the stopwatch on the opposite hand to rule out any lag from your less dominant hand? =]

Actually, I can't see how I could even turn on the camera and take a photo with my left hand without spraining it, haha!

Your comment about "sleep" mode intrigued me. So I took out the battery and reinserted it, to ensure a cold boot. This time it took about 4 seconds to fire a shot. I wonder how long this sleep mode lasts. When I have a camera in hand I often switch it off to save power, then switch it on again and have no noticed any delay.

-- hide signature --

I read one review that talked about a 3+ second start up time, but then quick after that, even after leaving it off for quite a while. Maybe it's in standby as long as it has a good battery, and just takes a long time for a true cold boot, as you demonstrated.

-- hide signature --

Nex-7 with kit lenses, Contax G 35, and a number of legacy lenses (mostly Canon FD)

SQLGuy's gear list:SQLGuy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Nikon D200 Sony Alpha 7 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow