GX7 - build & button stiffness (from P5 owner)

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Willing
Contributing MemberPosts: 647Gear list
Like?
Re: GX7 - build & button stiffness (from P5 owner)
In reply to MT, 10 months ago

MT wrote:

Getting to know the GX7. Will run concurrently with Olympus EP5.

A quick question - I never thought I'd complain about wheels being too stiff but the GX7 is too stiff - especially the mode dial, but to a lesser degree also the front dial. Usable obviously but takes a lot of conscious effort and I'm not a weak guy...:) Does it get a bit looser after use?

I am brand agnostic but I have too say that the GX7 feels very plastic after the P5. Even the PL5 feels more solid. The P5 really has a luxurious built like a vault feel that is simply impeccable. Again, I am brand agnostic and this is not to criticize Pany as a whole - just that the GX7 feels plastic. The large grip does grip easier than the P5.

Thanks,

MTMT

In general, Olympus builds more solid camera than Panasonic's and I don't know why!! I used to have the GF1, GH1, GH2 and now the G5 they all feel less solid or plastic than my E-M5. Actually, I don't see any problem cameras feel a little lighter or using more plastic materials. To my surprise, even the Fujifilm X-E2 costs $1000 and it feels so light and hollow and I couldn't stand it and returned it.

Willing

Willing's gear list:Willing's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow