New gallery "dark pressure"

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Kendall Helmstetter Gelner
Forum ProPosts: 18,322Gear list
Like?
Re: Clutter is wrong too
In reply to DMillier, 9 months ago

DMillier wrote:

This is a flash site which I would absolutely not recommend but the UI could be done in HTML.

You couldn't really get a simpler or more obvious navigation:

http://www.michelrajkovic.fr/fr/?language=english&theme=en#/010-Portfolio/0-nouveautes/0830.jpg

And as your mouse moves around the entire screen is filling with artifacts.

If I go a gallery does a funny clown jump in front of the picture I am looking at inviting me to share?  No.  Is it really necessary for me to see arrow controls after the first use of them?  No.  The eye is drawn to shape and it takes my eye off the picture.  It interacts with the composition of every page.

I GREATLY prefer the Dark Pressure gallery.  Isn't it nice we can have different things instead of everything being the same all the time?  Isn't it nice that someone cares more about presentation of a photograph than technically correct web design that leaves the viewer cold?

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list:Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow