Steve Huff review A7/R, say they will take over the world!

Started Nov 30, 2013 | Discussions thread
Brian Caslis
Senior MemberPosts: 2,844Gear list
Like?
Re: Steve Huff review A7/R, say they will take over the world!
In reply to bluevellet, Nov 30, 2013

bluevellet wrote:

shadowhumper wrote:

bluevellet wrote:

He glosses over the AF tracking and only mentions continuous shooting when there's no tracking at all. I guess he shot with manual focus almost exclusively.

But I'm glad he recognizes operation is still slow, even with AF out of the equation. It's a pretty big deal.

Overall, the review is heavily legacy-glass-oriented.

I can't say anything about tracking, since I don't care for it, but AF isn't slow. In fact wit FE 35 2.8 it is faster than the E-M5 with Pana 20 1.7.

I should know because I own both.

E-M5 may be fast in most circumstances, but the Lumix 20mm is notoriously slow and slows down any m43 camera considerably when attached to it.

Absolutely. And to the OP, he doesn't say it will take over the world, and if you read his other reviews, he seems to prefer the E-M1.

I'm thinking about getting the A7, but this review has me worried. If someone who does mostly manual focusing with legacy glass is calling a camera slow then this doesn't sound good. What does he mean by slow? Slow starting up? Something else? I can't really figure out what he is trying to say.

Brian Caslis's gear list:Brian Caslis's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow