Extensive testing for blurred images ......

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
emem
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,300Gear list
Like?
Extensive testing for blurred images ......
8 months ago

Today I have tested my K-3 with the 60-250 and 18-135 lenses - the only lenses I've used for "real" shooting since I got the K-3. I'm extremely pleased - and totally baffled - to report that today my images are sharp (reasonably) and clean. I've taken 200 shots today, using 2 different memory cards - my original Adata Class 6 cards and my new Sandisk Extreme Pro Class 10 cards. All shots were hand held, SR set to "on". To the best of my knowledge and recollection, I've changed nothing since shooting the blurred images I got the other day  --- well, I did take a few shots with SR turned off yesterday and turned it back on again today before shooting.

I used F6.3 when using the 18-135 and F4.5 when using the 60-250. Speeds ranged from 1/125 sec at 250mm @ F4.5 to 1/1600 sec at 75mm @ F6.3. I used ISO 100 and ISO 800.

So there you have it. I'm completely baffled. Also, for the people pushing the "technique" wheelbarrow, I'm certain that my technique hasn't changed in a couple of days. The other day EVERY shot was crap, today NONE of the shots are crap. Todays images are not overly grainy and have no sign of smudging.

My belief at this point in time is that there was a malfunction of the SR mechanism which has now miraculously gone away. While I'm very pleased with my results today, I do have a feeling that the fault will rear it's ugly head again sometime in the future.

-- hide signature --

Mike McEnaney. (emem)
www.veritasmea.com

Pentax K-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow