Does Anyone use checklists?

Started 9 months ago | Questions thread
David Hull
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,382Gear list
Like?
Re: Enemy pilots won't wait for you to complete your checklist.
In reply to phazelag, 9 months ago

phazelag wrote:

Ron Poelman wrote:

Photo ops. tend to be the same,
maybe it's time to change your cam to something you feel comfortable with ?

The US military is so dominate they never face enemy Pilots. And all US Military Use Checklists. The ones who dont wont be pilots very long. The Pilots are not using a checklist during active engagement unless it is very specific to a weapon and then the list is usually pretty short, but effective. Sometimes weapons have to armed, targeting data sent, etc. Its not a video game.

I am extremely comfortable with all my cameras, but I have seen nationally known photographers make mistakes that could have been prevented with a checklist.

-- hide signature --

www.scottzinda.com

The checklist is to make sure you are ready and set up properly when the photo op arrives. Anyone interested in the checklist concept (and their application in almost every field of endeavor) should pick up "The Checklist Manifesto" by Atul Gawande -- it is an outstanding book and a fairly easy read.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Checklist-Manifesto-Things-Right/dp/0312430000/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385784945&sr=8-1&keywords=the+checklist+manifesto

I put nother post below to a photographic checklist package that you can buy.

With regard to engaging the Enemy. it is interesting that When Sullivan was on the way into the Hudson, the co-pilot (actually the pilot -- Sullivan was the co-pilot on that flight but he took over the aircraft) was running through the engine re-start CL. He got through it three times before they gave up.

This post caught my attention because I just finished this book and have adopted many of the practices described there to semiconductor SoC validation.

-- hide signature --
 David Hull's gear list:David Hull's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 5D Mark III
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow