Does Anyone use checklists?

Started Nov 29, 2013 | Questions thread
Osvaldo Cristo
Senior MemberPosts: 2,482Gear list
Like?
Overkill
In reply to phazelag, Nov 30, 2013

phazelag wrote:

Being a former Pilot I learned the value of following a checklist before and after and sometimes during a flight. In almost every case of damaging an aircraft near take off or landing it was someone not following the checklist. Usually that was a senior guy who got comfortable.

I think it should be required for surgeons as well.

I have been toying with making a Different Checklist for different types of Photography. One for Landscapes, Events, Portraits, Studio, Street, and others.

I have considered laminating small or even tiny cards and attaching them to something like my camera strap, case, case strap loop, or keeping them in my wallet.

Usually when I put work into a shot, the only thing that prevents it from being better, is forgetting some fundamental or a setting I usually use in a different way.

What do you think?

Although I have a mental check listI think a more formal check list for Photography is an overkill, at last for me although I made some mistakes that a check list could avoid: shot a few daylight landscape frames at ISO 3,200 with the camera on tripod, but never ever anything critical...

On the other hand you look comfortable with formal check lists - I cannot see anything wrong for you. The fact other people cannot see value on this does not mean it does not have value to you. Go ahead!

All the best,

-- hide signature --

O.Cristo - An Amateur Photographer
Opinions of men are almost as various as their faces - so many men so many minds. B. Franklin

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow