Pros:

- Light and small

- Good construction with metal barrel

- Sensational sharpness

- Very nice foreground as well as background bokeh

- General excellent IQ

- Includes case and hood

Cons:

- Out of focus bright light spots are not perfectly round or perfectly evenly lit.

- Makes a clacky sound when shaken but not when mounted and the camera is on.

- Smooth barrel with no ribs or grooves and too shiny. Although in operation when focusing it does not seem to matter, I still prefer a surface with some texture so that it looks better and more dull (to avoid attention).

- Serial number and "Made in Japan" markings on the side of the mount rather than at the bottom.

- As lens data is not communicated to the camera like Olympus/Panasonic lenses, have to enter focal length to my E-M5 so that IBIS works properly. (Only needs to be done once, if not using other independent lenses, since that FL data stays on camera until changed).

- Lens hood very tight when putting on the first few times, but fine later.

- Not a lens that you can wear and show off with, i.e. not expensive looking, no red dot, big price tag or finely machined texture and shape... (even though you can show off its pictures)

Overall Comment:

Yes, I was trying hard to find more Con's

Being a lens that is also for APS-C mounts means less artefacts in the corners and edges for M43, e.g. vignetting, distortion, and CA. Having no OIS is a Con for some M43 users, but not for Olympus and GX7 users. This $200 lens is simply amazing and a no-brainer for anyone owning a M43 camera with IBIS and looking for a short tele. 4.9 stars!

Sergey Borachev's score
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN | Art
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
+1New
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow