Does Anyone use checklists?

Started 5 months ago | Questions thread
phazelag
Senior MemberPosts: 1,317Gear list
Like?
Thanks
In reply to Moti, 5 months ago

Moti wrote:

Being a former commeracial airline pilots trainer, I fully appreciate the importance of checklists in order to make sure that nothing is forgotten.

However, I think that the only place where a checklist can be very useful is a gear checklist for photography missions.

I am not the most organised person and I can count several times in the past when I forgot to bring with me a piece of gear that was important for the job and if you are a pro, it can be embarrassing.

Now, I keep a set of gear checklist cards adapted for every type of job we are going to do and that saved me lots of troubles.

But when it comes to photography itself, I doubt it very much. It maybe helpful for beginners but the danger but even then i woulnt recommend it because checklists are just the opposie of free spirit and creativity, which are essential elements of photography. Also lets not forget that if you miss an item in photography, you may end up with a bad photo. If you miss an item on a plane, you may end your life in a crash.

Cheers

Moti

P.S. just had a visit yo your web site and was very impressed of what I saw. I don't think you need a checklist

-- hide signature --

Thanks for visiting my site.  I agree about the gear checklists.  I actually already do that for events.  But there has been times I have hiked for a landscape and forgotten remote or filter or something.  I always make it work, with a self timer or something, but a checklist would have helped.

I dont think I would actively use one during shooting, but just as a quick reminder in some situations.

-- hide signature --

www.scottzinda.com

phazelag's gear list:phazelag's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Ricoh GR Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow