What is your biggest disappointment about GM1?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Logan3-1639
Regular MemberPosts: 135Gear list
Like?
Re: What is your biggest disappointment about GM1?
In reply to webber15, 8 months ago

webber15 wrote:

The biggest disappointment is your negative question...you know what your getting before hand...as for image quality,not much difference between similar size sensor cams...

Emphatically disagree. You only "know what you're getting before hand" with respect to specifications and physical appearance, and that's true of any and all technology you buy. When you actually use the product, you discover things you like and/or don't like about it, which you couldn’t possibly have known while just looking at it in a catalog or in a store or even in a professional review, such as the reviews published on sites like DPR. Why do you think people recommend that you visit a camera store and play with the gear you're contemplating buying?

I do a lot of research before committing to buying technology, especially cameras and gear, and I always look at negative user reviews, because that's where I might learn something important that could matter to me, which the manufacturer's description of the item (which was probably written by the product's marketing department) or the glowing reviews did not reveal.

As a former Nikon shooter, I was on the verge of "upgrading" to a FF D600, before I decided to change to M43. I visited Amazon and found many one-star user reviews claiming the D600 had a sensor dust/oil spot issue. There were too many of these negative reviews to ignore, and I the only way I could have known about this issue was by seeking comments from disappointed/unhappy end users.

So I totally understand and support the OP's question, and I think it's a great way to gather information that will help make a buying decision.

~Ed

-- hide signature --

Judging others does not define them... it defines you as a person who needs to judge.

Logan3-1639's gear list:Logan3-1639's gear list
Ricoh GR Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm 1:1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow