Does Anyone use checklists?

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 25,995Gear list
Like?
Mental checklists, yes.
In reply to phazelag, 8 months ago

phazelag wrote:

Being a former Pilot I learned the value of following a checklist before and after and sometimes during a flight. In almost every case of damaging an aircraft near take off or landing it was someone not following the checklist. Usually that was a senior guy who got comfortable.

I think it should be required for surgeons as well.

I have been toying with making a Different Checklist for different types of Photography. One for Landscapes, Events, Portraits, Studio, Street, and others.

I have considered laminating small or even tiny cards and attaching them to something like my camera strap, case, case strap loop, or keeping them in my wallet.

Usually when I put work into a shot, the only thing that prevents it from being better, is forgetting some fundamental or a setting I usually use in a different way.

That's called 'mistakes'.  Practice is about making, identifying, and working to avoid mistakes moving forward.   The checklist will be built in your head, eventually, with enough practice.

If a checklist helps you in the meanwhile, I say use any trick or technique to aide you in your goals in the meanwhile.   Even with a checklist, mistakes are still possible.    It goes with the territory.

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC - Making Mistakes since 2001
http://www.bobtullis.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobtullis/
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Chief Dan George, Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow