Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
David92
Regular MemberPosts: 120Gear list
Like?
Re: GX7 Firmware Bugs
In reply to Bass Rock, 8 months ago

Bass Rock wrote:

MarkyM wrote:

2) The Eye Sensor can not be turned off completely.

The consequence of this is that if you have the camera on a strap around your neck, and turned on, then the EVF is also permanently on because the eye sensor doesn't actually know the difference between an eye, chest or elbow. This leads to unacceptable poor battery life. Or you turn the camera off, and potentially loose shots when you forget to turn it back on again.... This is why I would like the option to turn eye sensor off completely.

Hi

This might be the reason of this design choice from Panasonic. OTOH my 4 years old G1 is behaving this way (EVF permanently ON) and I did not notice any specific battery drain issue when I decided to disable the eye sensor ... Of course GX7 battery is probably smaller and GX7 EVF might be more power consumpting than G1's

As the OP already said, this is not a deal breaker but I would prefer to have the choice.

Kind regards

David

-- hide signature --

English is not my mother language, please excuse my mistakes.

David92's gear list:David92's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow