Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
vepar
Forum MemberPosts: 78Gear list
Like?
My left hand was acting out
10 months ago

One day I did excessive handheld photoshoot with moderate heavy equipment (d7000 + battery grip + Tokina 80-200mm 2.8) and my left hand started acting out, which worries me as photographers issue, but even more as health issue.

I experienced moderate pain between my wrist and first thumb finger knuckle, and my fist blocked. I couldn't rotate the zoom ring anymore, nor hold the lens. I stopped photographing and one hour later everything was perfectly normal again.

8 years ago, I broke carpal bone on that hand, but I believe it healed 100 percent - and now the pain was in metacarpal area, so I dont "buy" my medical doctors explanation that I just stressed previously broken bone to hard.

I'm fairly robust and young and camera + lens combo weight was never an issue for me.

Have you ever experienced something similar? Do you maybe have some explanation?

vepar's gear list:vepar's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix E900 Zoom Nikon D7000 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II +9 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow