Started Nov 28, 2013 | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Pitbullo
Regular MemberPosts: 266
Like?
Wacom Intuos Pro Medium
Nov 28, 2013

The Wacom Intuos Pro is really the Intuos5 (if I recall correctly). I recently bought the medium sized tablet due to a bad shoulder and arm (tennis elbow), which makes me unable to sit in front of a computer longer than five minutes. Oh joy!! This tablet completely changed my day! I can now actually sit and work in Photoshop without any pain!!

This product was my first encounter with any tablet, so I bought it without actually knowing how to work with one. I read that it would take a few days until you get used to it, but it only took like half an hour. The touch feature makes it in to a gigantic trackpad (touch feature can easily be turned off), which makes it very useful outside Lightroom or Photoshop as well. I actually dont use a mouse anymore. It seems like it has been designed with a lot of input from photographers, as the layout and every function is very well thought out. This is a product of both evolution and a lot of hard work. It is high quality, well built, very stable and highly customizable.

For photo retouching, which was my main reason (besides my arm injury), this tablet is just amazing! I can map keyboard shortcuts to the touch-buttons, making every frequently used function easily available from the tablet itself. The precision of the pen is very very good, making me able to do fiddly retouching quick and easy instead of slow and poor with a mouse. Some work is also almost impossible without a tablet. The pen has a good grip, two buttons and an eraser at the top, and it works without any batteries. The tip is interchangeable for different feels against the tablet surface.

The bottom line, this tablet has completely changed my way of working, efficiency and precision is astounding, and it is all in all a very very good tool.

I´ve spent thousands of $$ on photo equipment, camera, lenses, flashes etc. It is easy to forget how important Post Processing can be, and having a good tool here is also important.

My only regret is that I didn´t buy one earlier!!

A 5 star rating should not be thrown around too often, but this tablet just changed my entire way of working, helped with my arm injury, and is so well designed and built that I just could not go for any less.

P.S. I bought the medium, but it is quite large! Be aware of this when buying. Medium or small should be sufficient.

Pitbullo's score
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow