Started Nov 28, 2013 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lpammann
Senior MemberPosts: 2,179Gear list
Like?
Terns and other BIFs
Nov 28, 2013

Shot with K3+DA*300, TAv mode, AF-C with Expanded Area AF (M), location: Jupiter Inlet, Florida. The light was much better this afternoon for shooting BIFs.

Brown Pelicans in formation:

Because this part of Florida extends farthest east than the rest of the Atlantic coast, it is not uncommon for pelagic birds such as this immature Northern Gannet to be seen offshore. This was far away and a small target for AF:

There is a pair of Ospreys who have nested here for at least the last several years:

Royal Tern:

i'm very pleased with the K3's significant improvement in AF-C over the K5 and earlier dslr's. Not only am I getting a much higher hit rate for BIFs, but the jump in resolution is very noticeable and much appreciated. I'm definitely glad that I preordered my K3 as soon as it was available.

LPA

lpammann's gear list:lpammann's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited +1 more
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow