First photos of 10-24 and 56/1.2 and thoughts

Started Sep 20, 2013 | Discussions thread
nixda
Senior MemberPosts: 1,910Gear list
Like?
Re: Who cares about filter size - where is this darn lens?
In reply to liquid stereo, Nov 28, 2013

liquid stereo wrote:

scst48 wrote:

Absolutic wrote:

http://www.fujifilm.com/products/digital_cameras/pdf/lenses_accessories_catalogue_01.pdf

10-24 - my thoughts are negative due to 72mm filter size! When I think about 72mm filter size I think about my former Canon 85L II lens. That had 72mm filter size and it weighed a kilo. Is 10-24 too big for a smaller X camera like XE1 or XM1/XA1?

56/12 - my first thoughts are positive. 62mm filter size! This is going to be something. I am salivating looking at the lens! I think (hope) this is going to be that one epic portrait lens, for which photographers would buy a body just to use that lens, not the other way around.

Anyway these are just first thoughts from looking at the above lenses.

Why dont we ask Fuji to do the magic and re-built the 10-24 with 62mm filter size. Additionally we could redesign almost everything on the cam as well in order to address our specific requirements. Not even ZEISS, LEITZ, or NIKON is able to make all lenses with the same filters size!!! Why do we expect this from FUJI??

-- hide signature --

Stefan

Its hard for me to imagine that folks are still buying/using filters.

Fuji needs to get off its a$$ and release this thing!

NDs and polarizers. No way around them.

nixda's gear list:nixda's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow