Started Nov 28, 2013 | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Great Bustard
Forum ProPosts: 24,681
Like?
Let's vote to define/redefine exposure.
Nov 28, 2013

Consider the two scenarios below, both of the same scene using lenses with the same transmission:

1. f/2.8, 1/100, ISO 100
  2. f/5.6, 1/100, ISO 400
POLL
The two scenarios have the same exposure.
19.6% 31  votes
The first scenario has 4x (two stops greater) exposure than the second scenario, but the LCD playback and OOC jpg brightness are the same. If the sensors are the same size, then 4x (two stops more) light will fall on the sensor in the first scenario, resulting in half the noise if the sensors are equally efficient. On the other hand, if the sensor in the second scenario is twice the size (4x the area) as the sensor in the first scenario, then, despite the exposures being two stops apart, the same total amount of light will fall on the two sensors, resulting in the same noise if the sensors are equally efficient.
41.1% 65  votes
There is not enough information to answer the question (please post the additional information that would be necessary).
2.5% 4  votes
I could care less -- discussions about exposure are boring, pedantic, and useless. Rather than talk about it, I'm just going to take some pics or process pics I've taken. Same goes with DOF, Equivalence, DR, Noise, megapixels, and all that other tech stuff that just gets in the way of the art of photography.
36.7% 58  votes
  Show results
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Yes.New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow