Why bother with 3D

Started Aug 15, 2011 | Discussions thread
steve ohlhaber
Regular MemberPosts: 396
Like?
Re: Why bother with film? - There are advantages to digital
In reply to DrTebi, 10 months ago

I shot with the stereo realist 5 perf film camera for a while. Then I advanced to twin Olympus xa2 cameras. As far as film goes, its portable and great with the viewers you hold up to the light. Digital cameras are insanely good these days, so you get a better picture and you can post process it to perfection. Then maybe the most important thing is, you can correct all kinds of misalignments in post and have an experience that is much more comfortable. You can also do what is near impossible with slides, which is rapidly go through hundreds of images. I have done lots of both, and digital is so much more fun. Project a good 3d video and its great.

Its all fun for sure, and I still think the 3d slides held up to the light in a viewer is the best still viewing experience, but you need a slide that is shot perfectly. The 3d displays have also come a long way. I use active displays and also a digital projector and its incredible. You really cant knock the digital 3d experience these days. Now the 4k 3d displays are coming out, so its taking yet another step up.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WineNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow